For businesses today, it is the best of times and worst of times. The best — the internet has leveled the playing field to allow small and mid-size businesses to compete in the global marketplace. The worst — to compete effectively, those smaller organizations must run their business at an enterprise level.
Fortunately, there are affordable ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems to replace basic accounting software. Larger IT staffs are no longer needed to support in-house implementation. Small and mid-size businesses can subscribe to an ERP system for a monthly fee — everything included.
Build confidence in your team
During any evaluation of ERP software, the implementation process will come up. For most small and mid-size business managers, putting in an entire ERP system is uncharted territory. Help your teams prepare for discussions with vendors so that they can ask the right questions.
Don’t let the terms intimidate you. For smaller organizations, these steps can take days — not weeks or months. Most importantly during the implementation, remind your teams that no one knows the business better than they do.
Be flexible on method
Having confidence in your knowledge of what the outcomes should be, will be best served if you remain flexible on how to achieve those outcomes. ERP systems often incorporate best practices that may not be the way you always did things. Be open to change that increases productivity – that is the benefit of ERP.
How is ERP implemented?
- Requirements Analysis – define the business processes that support the operation of the business.
- Solution Design – align the functionality of the ERP software with the business requirements.
- Development and Configuration – define any customizations or third party applications in addition to the ERP system that are needed to support the business requirements.
- Deployment and Training – migrate data from the old system, test new processes and train employees how to use the new system.
- Operations – refine and improve the system over time. Most ERP systems offer more functionality than you will want to deploy initially but can be added over time.
Make the most of the opportunities that the connected world offers. Move to an ERP system to deliver world class service and build new markets. Click here to download the ERP Implementation Infographicand share it with your coworkers to get the conversation going.
At KTL Solutions, we will talk with you using terms you understand. Contact Gary email@example.com or 866-960-0001 and let us help you take the first step toward ERP.
To Register for the KTL Solutions 2012 Dynamics User Conference Click Here