This month we spotlight the use of Smartlist Excel Export in order to improve efficiency and speed up reporting requirements. This tip allows you to take what once was a time consuming process and cut the wait time allowing you to accomplish more in a shorter period.
- Open SmartList
- Create or use existing SmartList favorite
- Export SmartList to Excel
- Navigate to Excel Developer tab on newly created export
- Turn on ‘Record Macro’
- Name the Macro
- Format report with Pivot table, Charts, etc…
- Once your done formatting excel report, stop the Macro
- Clear out all data and additional tabs, charts and pivot table created during formatting
- Save export as a Macro-enabled Excel Template (.xltm)
- Navigate to GP SmartList
- Click on Smartlist from top menu and select ‘Export Solution'
- Fill out name
- Navigate to document
- Type in recorded Macro name in Completion Macro field
- Select SmartList favorite to associate excel template with
- Save association
- The next time you export the SmartList you will be given an option of where to export it too.
Like us on Facebook at the KTL Solutions Facebook Page.